Monday, June 6, 2011

A quote and lesson

Where mercy is shown, mercy is given”

There is a particular show that I watch that some of you may know of. If you know the quote you know what show I am talking about.
Dog The Bounty Hunter often says that he believes in second chances. You never know what could happen or when people may die. He shows everyone mercy even when someone does not deserve it. To an extent I can relate to what goes on. Things happen in life to where you are at a point in your life where you need to change. For some it is being in jail. For me it was different but I had that epiphany moment that changed my life.
Going to wrestling shows has always helped after a death or just a bad or horrendous week in my life. I've been able to clear my head while at a show. Its also given me insight and change something that needs to be fixed. The friends that I have made in wrestling since I started going have helped more than they ever know or will imagine. They have been there when they did not even know it. I have talked to a few when I did not want to talk at all. They listened and gave me advice and I was able to work things out. There were other times when I didn't go to anyone but still got advice because I was able to think like they do and somehow just know what they would say.
My first big break after I began my quest in the Journalism field was writing for The Pitt. 19 let me write and published most of the things that I have written. His death not long ago hit me hard. He was a mentor that I will be forever grateful for. He always told me to follow my instincts and go with my gut. Write from the heart and run with an idea. The advice I received from him will always be with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment